Admissions to Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art
Admission requirements for the Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art degree:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited university or art school.
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Earned a “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average or better in all upper division studies as an undergraduate student.
(The GRE is not required but may be used for admission purposes if the applicant chooses to do so.)
- Successful acceptance by the School Faculty of a portfolio of artworks (see below.)
Step-by-Step Application Procedures
Admissions are for Fall Term only.
Applications are accepted starting September 1st with a deadline of January 15th. We admit students for the fall term only. Please read carefully all of the information provided. Follow the numbered steps below to start the admissions process. The School of Art and Art History is a direct receipt program.
Go to the Graduate School Website, http://usfweb2.usf.edu/admissions/information-for-graduate-students.html to complete the online application for the Graduate School. You will be required to submit your application fee of $30 US dollars electronically.
The following portfolio materials must be submitted electronically at https://usf.slideroom.com/#/Login
. Detailed instructions and a tutorial are available on the site to assist you in the online submission process. There is a cost of $12 to submit your portfolio. You will pay this fee electronically when you submit your portfolio.
- Artist Statement
2D or 3D artwork submit 20 images
- Three letters of recommendation (Slideroom will send an email with instructions for submission of these letters.)
Official transcripts from each College or University you have attended are required.
Please mail to:
ATTN: Academic Program Specialist
School of Art and Art History
4202 E Fowler Ave. FAH 110
Tampa, FL 33620-7350
Step 3: International Students (only)
International Students please visit International Student Services at http://global.usf.edu/is/pro-student.php for important application instructions. For questions on any part of the admissions process, please contact the Art Office at (813) 974-9240 or email@example.com.